The advent of volar locking plates has seemed to solve some of these issues. Popularized in the early 200s,...
Stryker VariAx 2 Distal Radius Plating System
Variable angle locking plate system for treating volar and dorsal distal fractures.
Plating that fits.
The VariAx 2 Distal Radius Plating System provides you with a comprehensive range of anatomic plating options that work with a common instrument and screw platform. Plates utilize SmartLock technology which permits polyaxial screw placement. You can angle locking screws up to 15˚in each direction for a total range of 30˚ providing you with the flexibility to position screws based on the patient, not a plate’s pre-existing design.
- Low profile anatomical volar plates with a watershed line based design, low profile dorsal and fragment specific plates in one tray allowing you flexibility to treat different fracture patterns
- Flexibility to use both 2.4mm or 2.7mm locking/non-locking screws and 2.0mm smooth locking pegs
- Option to use an aiming block or fixed angle drill guide to provide a simple option for screw placement with pre-determined screw trajectories
- One T8 screwdriver blade and drill bit needed for a case
- Sixteen additional XXL plates are available (up to 15 holes or 189mm in length) and are indicated for intra and extra articular fractures and are pre-contoured to fit the radial bow