Fixation of the tibial plateau is usually performed using plates and screws. Due to the poor quality of bone...
Smith+Nephew PERI-LOC VLP System
Polyaxial Locking Plate
Each PERI-LOC VLP screw hole contains:
- Five separate tabs that engage with the threads of the locking screw head to form a fixed angle construct.
- Locking screws can be angled and locked up to 15° in any direction allowing for the creation of customized, multi-directional locked plating constructs.
- Each screw hole accepts 3.5mm Cortex, 3.5mm Locking and/or 5.0mm Osteopenia Screws.
Low Profile Implants
- Low profile fracture fixation in areas of minimal soft tissue coverage such as periarticular zones.
- All screws have a low head profile to further reduce the potential for soft tissue irritation in these sensitive areas.
Optimal Plate Contour
- The “compression contouring” feature is essential to the implant’s ability to resist torque and bending during fracture healing.
- Once securely fixed in place, the plate produces a constant buttress effect to the fracture site to minimize loss of reduction and to enhance overall fracture fixation.