The most commonly employed device for surgical fixation of tibia shaft fracture are intramedullary nails. However, tibial intramedullary nails...
Smith+Nephew Trigen Meta-Nail Tibial Nail System
The TRIGEN META-NAIL Tibial Nail
With a full range of sizes, the Tibial Nail is a comprehensive approach to the treatment of tibial fractures. Enhanced fixation via threaded screw holes and polyethylene bushings offer excellent solutions for the fixation of complex fractures.
- Enhanced multi-planar proximal locking hole configuration for optimal fixation
- Threaded screw holes and polyethylene bushings enhance fixation and minimize post-operative fragment translation
- Full range of sizes and 1cm increments for a comprehensive and accurate approach to fracture fixation
- Internally threaded distal locking hole located 5mm from nail tip for enhanced fixation of extreme distal fractures
- 2° distal bend facilitates implant passage and fit within the distal tibia
- Nail cap locks most proximal screw for additional fixation
- Up to 7mm of active compression possible through proximal dynamization slot
- Proximally located 10° Herzog Bend eases implant insertion and minimizes fracture displacement during implantation
- Uses standard TRIGEN captured locking screws for system compatibility
Titanium alloy for strength, flexibility and biocompatibility