Historically they have treated with independent screws placed into the femoral neck, but this provides no compression to encourage...
Orthopaedic Implant Company Sliding Hip Screw System
OIC’s Sliding Hip Screw (SHS) System is a time proven, tried and true solution for the management of proximal femoral fractures. With controlled sliding of the femoral head and stable inter-fragmentary bone compression, OIC’s SHS System gives surgeons an easily reproducible solution for hip fractures. The SHS System’s implants and instruments are completely interchangeable with current hip screw systems – making the system cost-effective and easy to use.
- Dynamic compression holes allow axial inter-fragmentary compression.
- The OIC SHS system offers a large range of plate/lag screw angles, from 130° up to 145°, to match the femoral anatomy.
- 4.5 mm stainless steel self-tapping cortex screws can be angled to achieve stable bone fixation.
- 12.5 mm lag screw to address osteoporotic patients.
- 36 mm compression screw to allow for inter-operative compression.
- 100% interchangeable with existing instrumentation making the system familiar to surgeons and OR staff.
- FDA cleared and independently tested to be biomechanically equivalent.