Femoral nailing is an attractive option for the treatment of hip fractures. This is a minimally invasive technique only...
DePuy Synthes Titanium Trochanteric Fixation Nail System (TFN)
The TFN permits an intramedullary approach for fixation of proximal femur fractures.
Features & Benefits
Radiolucent Insertion Handle
Several design features have been incorporated into the system to increase visualization of the femoral neck, facilitate positioning of the blade or screw, and provide improved handling:
- Short barrel for neck visibility
- Light, radiolucent material to facilitate handling and visualization
- Radiopaque lines for facilitating nail alignment with femoral neck and head (when using a true lateral view)
- Guide wire hole for locating instrumented end of nail
- Guide wire hole to visualize head element trajectory prior to inserting wire into bone
- Groove for guiding screwdriver to connecting screw recess and locking mechanism
- Simplified Driving Cap for quick assembly